|Area served||Southern United States|
RestoreHER US.America Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit policy advocacy organization. It protects the dignity and rights of mass incarcerated, marginalized pregnant women and women of color through education, advocacy, and empowering women leadership.
Pamela Winn founded RestoreHER US.America Inc., on June 15, 2018. RestoreHER initiated the intersectional discourse of structural societal inequities perpetuated and reinforced on women through social justice advocacy.
RestoreHER led the campaign "Dignity For Incarcerated Women Georgia" with HB345 ending institutionalized, inhumane, solitary confinement of incarcerated pregnant women in GA in 2019.
RestoreHER included language for HR5682, First Step Act that banned the shackling of federally incarcerated pregnant women. It was passed in 2018.
RestoreHER partnered with REFORM Alliance for the overwhelming passing of SB105, Probation Reform GA hosted by Senator Brian Strickland in 2021.
RestoreHER created the Women’s CARE Act that was introduced by Chairwoman Sharon Cooper and unanimously passed committee hearings.
- Advocated and consulted on national legislation, "The Pregnant Women In Custody Act."
- Collaborated with Legal Services for Prisoners with Children (L.S.P.C.) to create a Bill of Rights for Incarcerated Pregnant Folks
- Appointed to the National Advisory Council for Solitary Confinement with the National Religious Campaign Against Torture (NRCAT)
- Participated in the research of Pregnancy In Prison Statics (PIPS)
- Participated in the passing of shackling and solitary confinement legislation throughout the country and dominating the south in over 15 states including SC, MS, OK, CT, VA, AK, FL, TX, and most currently working with AL and NC.
Current and Future Projects
- Justice-Involved Women COVID-19 Response LeadHERship 2020
- Implemented 2019 Soros Justice Advocacy Initiative
- Renew Rebuild RestoreHER Fellowship (R.R.R.)
- Women’s CARE (Childbirth Alternative, Resources, and Education) Act, incarcerated pregnant women initiative to defer the sentencing of pregnant women for at least 6 weeks post-delivery.
- Created the Dignity LeadHERship Alliance that informs policy through lived experience for the dignity of justice impacted women nationwide.
- Partner of American Conservative Union (ACU) on legislation for Dignity and Probation & Parole
- Extend HB345 Solitary Confinement Law under Representative Bee Nguyen to include vulnerable populations, juveniles and mentally ill
- D.A.T.A. (Data Access for Transparency and Accountability) IS LIFE, educational campaign to advocate for data collection of incarcerated women
- Pregnant WOC Maternal/Infant Mortality Initiative
- IMPACT (Inform Marginalized People And Cultivate Transformation) Resource App
- RestoreHER Affordable Housing for $30K Annual Income
- Collaborating with Nick Fesette, Asst. Professor of Emory University Oxford, School of Theatre to produce the play "T.R.A.S.H. (Traumatic Realities American Society Hides)"
- Amendment of Occupational Licensing Reform GA Code Ann. 43-1-19
- HERhouse Women’s Supportive Housing
- RestoreHER will be highlighted in the upcoming short film documentary "WINN Movie" produced by filmmaker Joseph East of Brave Voices Media.
- RestoreHER will be featured in a national documentary entitled "COUNTED" produced by Erica Tanamachi of Erica Jane Films.
- A movement partner of Southern Black Girls and Women Consortium
- Partner of DreamCorps to lead the National Day of Empathy in Georgia 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021
- Partner of #Cut50 to promote policy change with state-level Dignity legislation which has passed in more than 12 states in 2020
- Created UNLOCKED MINDS through a partnership with Spelman College
- Partner of Alonzo A. Crim Center for Urban Studies at Georgia State University
- Partner of Open Society Foundation to implement 2019 Soros Justice Project
- Partner of the National Network For Justice (NNJ)
- Dawn Freeman, CEO/President of The Securus Foundation, to Present at Association for Justice-Involved Females and Organizations (AJFO) Conference 2019
- Coalition supporting incarcerated women lobbies Georgia lawmakers
- She, The People: Pamela Winn On Sharing The Incarceration Story She Never Meant To Tell
- Meet Pamela Winn of RestoreHER in Statewide